The Political Agitator’s response: I find the following to be quite hilarious. If I am correct this release is from a consultant’s office out of Raleigh. So it is funny to me how some folk talk about consultants when it comes to the City of Rocky Mount hiring consultants. So since the Special Cs talk about how Black folk use consultants where the money should be spent, well what about the monies dude is spending in consultant fees. Well the Special Cs will respond saying that is his money. Well the City Council votes on a budget how to spend money so it is their money. Oh somebody missed that part.
See my comments/questions in red throughout the release. Let’s go!
Monday, July 15, 2019
For Additional Information Contact:
Madeline Crone (919) 946-5791
SANDY ROBERSON RELEASES HIS PLAN TO FIGHT CRIME IN ROCKY MOUNT
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. – Sandy Roberson, candidate for Mayor of Rocky Mount, released today his campaign’s plan to fight crime, gang violence and illegal drugs in the city. Roberson said if he is elected the next Mayor he will make public safety his top priority.
Funny how the Special Cs have a problem when the the city began to make public safety a top priority and took some steps to make sure folk at the city hall are safe after the Tales of An Educated Debutante went into the City Manager Rochelle Small-Toney’s office acting like a bully. Hell she is not a resident of Rocky Mount but it is okay for certain folk to bully the folk at city hall. But what is funny is that during the last council meeting the Special Cs called the council members EVIL and Voo Doo Spirits. There were no words for the Tale of an Ignant Ass though.
“Almost every voter I talk with tells me they want the next Mayor of Rocky Mount to focus on public safety. Citizens are worried about incidents of violent crime involving guns and gangs,” said Mr. Roberson. “Too often we have negative news coverage related to the ongoing drug and gang violence in our city.”
This goes to show that the folk you talked to do not know the role of a Mayor and the City Council members. The council members are the ones who have the votes. Now I agree you can bring to the table about public safety but they are the council members and they will have to entertain it. Hell show me a city that do not have negative news coverage bout drugs and gang activity.
“I am the only candidate for Mayor to offer voters a thorough plan to focus on safer neighborhoods across our city,” said Mr. Roberson.
So you have the other candidates plan. Hell the campaign forums have not even began, damn the campaign filing period has not ended so you don’t even know if others will file for mayor.
MR. ROBERSON’S PLAN FOR SAFER NEIGHBORHOODS
1. I will work with the new Chief of Police George Robinson to put more officers on the street, working patrols and expanding community policing.
So have you talked to Chief George Robinson because how can you help him when a mayor only get to vote when there is a tie. So how many times have the current mayor voted?
2. We will make sure we have increased patrols where the incident rates of crime are higher, improving response times and deterring criminal activity.
That sounds good but how do you plan on making that happen if it is a problem now per you?
3. I will work with Chief Robinson and the City Council to look at any equipment needs the police department may have in order to improve their jobs and help curb violent crime.
So again you are correct you will look at what the council members vote on and sign off on it like previous mayors. That is what the mayor does sign off on things.
4. I will work to build strong bonds of trust between our citizens and our police department
I am glad you said you will do this because that is an insult to think that the Chief can’t do that on his own by meeting with the citizens. He don’t need you nor the city council to do that.
5. I will work with Chief Robinson and the City Council to review our current training models and work develop programs that integrate citizen involvement and input.
When in the hell did the mayor and the city council begin to get into training models and programs? Hell again that is an insult to the Chief.
6. I will work with the Chief and City Council to review salary schedules for our first responders to make sure we are competitive in the marketplace when it comes to pay.
This sir is not a mayor or city council role. This is something that the city manager and the chief will work on. Then it would be brought before the council and voted on if need to and again you have no vote unless it is a tie. If voted on you will sign off on it.
7. I will focus on new job creation because if we really want to cut crime, you do it by creating new jobs and economic growth. We can cut crime when we reduce poverty.
So when has a mayor created a job? This is what Allen Matthews Economic Development, The Chamber and The Carolina Gateways role. The city council create jobs when they do things like the Event Center and the proposed Hotel/Parking Lot. These are the type of things that the City Council can sign off on to create jobs but Allen Matthews work to bring in businesses.
8. I will work with community mental health advocates to look at improving our mental healthcare delivery system; we also need to look at alternative sentencing programs, and prison re-entry programs to provide support for those who need it.
So when did the city begin to deal with mental health that is a county program.
9. Finally, I will work in a positive manner with our elected Sheriffs in Nash & Edgecombe Counties to have a united front when it comes to fighting gun violence, gangs and illegal drugs in our city.
So now you want to work with the Sheriffs when both counties could use financial resources so here we go that consultant money you could have donated half of the total to each county Sheriff Offices. But what in the hell is work in a positive manner?
“As a businessman, I have always focused on executing a plan and getting results. If you elect me as your next Mayor, I will work full-time to tackle this issue. I will work to make sure we improve public safety and allow every resident to feel safe and secure in their neighborhood,” said Mr. Roberson.
I will dare to question how you run your business but as an Edgecombe County resident I question the political pieces. You say you will work full-time to tackle this issue. Really just what will you do? Damn you may as well run for Sheriff but please do it on the Nash side however I like Sheriff Keith Stone and I would definitely support him.
You will allow every resident to feel safe and secure in their neighborhood. Now that is hilarious as hell.
“Finally, I will be a Mayor who works to unify our city; who will cross partisan, racial and county lines to pull us together so we can work for progress and prosperity. That is the type of leadership I will provide Rocky Mount,” Mr. Roberson added.
There goes that code words again unify our city. How do you plan to unify the city? Unify who? Who are divided? The only folk talking about being divided are the Special Cs on WHIG-TV, Community Council, Rocky Mount Concerned Citizens, LoveRockyMount and Tales of An Educated Debutante.
So connecting with your classmates in the Black Community since you are seeking the Mayor seat now you all about crossing partisan, racial and county lines. REALLY!
I am not a Political Consultant but I am The Watch Dog of the East and The Political Agitator.