Sick of seeing negative post about the council so here’s some things that have been done for our great city under the leadership of a majority black city council. (Since some people want to deny the truth and act like nothing positive is happening in Rocky Mount).
Under the current city council, as a DIRECT result of their actions:
1)Fought Duke Power and reduced RM Utilities debt by $500 million.
2)Changed collection policies to make more customer friendly and required staff to create payment arrangements.
3) Encouraged hiring of more people of color and women in key leadership positions. Went from 1 black department head in Human Relations and Assistant City Manager to 3 black police chiefs, black female HR Director, former black Planning Director, more black assistant fire chiefs, black female Assistant City Manager, 3 black Parks and Rec directors and many more positions
4) Retail, banking and services increases in inner city Edgecombe and Nash
5) $50 million Event Center with millions of new private investment downtown
6) 30 black businesses downtown alone
7) Rapidly increasing retail sales throughout RM.
8. Recruited Capitol Broadcasting investment in Rocky Mount Mills. Renovated hundreds of homes and apartments in inner city.
9) $2 million South Rocky Mount gym with new housing development worth $2 million affordable housing
10) Funded and supported Carolina Gateway Partnership in recruiting 3500 new jobs to Rocky Mount in the last 18 months. New housing starts throughout the City
11) Funded scores of non-profits to build youth programming throughout all RM including Buck Buck Leonard league, Carolina Stallions, upgraded parks, youth soccer and softball
So enough of the lies.. our city has been evolving under the current leadership for the last 20 years… now they’re talking hotels and investment downtown and in Edgecombe county! Hallelujah! #supportrockymount#supportequity #communityunity #EDI #fightstigmas