In This Photo: Mayor Sandy Roberson (Left), Curmilus Butch Dancy II (Right)
“The majority of the City Council have responded that they question the validity of these numbers and do not believe this audit was performed to the highest standards by the N.C. State Auditor,” says Mayor Sandy Roberson. “Furthermore, they believe that this was a targeted audit aimed at black leadership of our community.”
Mr. Mayor hell yeah it is about RACE but it is also about POWER!
Mr. Mayor you say you are embarrassed. Why are you embarrassed? Do you have some facts to present that and especially a name to associate with the utilities that you can share?
Mr. Mayor you don’t give a damn about the Democratic Auditor it is just that you are against the Black leadership.
Mr. Mayor if you gave a damn about the poor in the city why in the hell did you spend so much money on your campaign because the Special Cs were going to vote for you anyway. The money you spent could have been donated to the poor in the city. But you can spend your money however you please.
Mr. Mayor tell me about your plan to strengthen the city. I agree leaders should be held at a higher stand of ethics and integrity.
Mr. Mayor you say, “Regardless of one’s perspective on this matter, Roberson believes the NC Auditor’s report and the City’s response identifies the following needs:
- There exists a tremendous mistrust of the City government by a large segment of our population that complained at levels to generate a State Audit.
- The City has failed to provide adequate internal audit processes that would allow it to defend its position with confidence and factual evidence.
- Governance in Rocky Mount has for far too long dealt in a perceived secrecy and behind closed doors process.”
Damn Mr. Mayor 213 folk is not a large population when it comes to the majority of the citizens. What this shows is some angry Racist Special Cs that have been attending the Rocky Mount City Council meetings over the years attacking the Black leadership. They also have done it daily on WHIG-TV Morning Show for years dating back to Jerry Fisher and the late Mark Bowling days.
Mr. Mayor you say, “You propose to address each of these issues together as a community by demanding change and transparency at every level, including:
- Televising City Council meetings.
- Providing an internal audit process complete with continuous quality improvement (CQI) processes that are disclosed to the public and that seek to provide efficient and effective government.
- Designating the Internal Audit and CQI processes answer to the Mayor.
- Having every member of the City Council, the Mayor and City Manager and City Assistant Managers sign an ethics contract with the City and provide a Statement of Economic Interest.
- Posting every dealing with the City that may have a perceived conflict of interest on the City’s website for public viewing with the explanation of why it is not a conflict.
- Commissioning an independent forensic audit completed this fiscal year, since some have denied the NC Auditor’s work product, and have this audit refreshed every year going forward.”
Mr. Mayor I have been videoing the meetings the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Meetings out of pocket. So to make it appear that the meetings have not been recorded is just ludicrous. Well I get it televised is different but what difference will it make if the meetings are recorded live what suppose to take place? However Theresa Alston Stokes Community Connections record live along several Caucasians that does as well.
Mr. Mayor you say, “The residents of Rocky Mount that they have the following rights:
- Call your City Councilperson, the City Manager or any other elected official to voice your opinion about the audit’s findings.
- Andre Knight (252) 443-1619
- Reuben C. Blackwell, IV (252) 212-3480
- Richard Joyner (252) 883-9460
- T.J. Walker (252) 567-1044
- Lige Daughtridge (252) 210-4210
- W.B. Bullock (252) 443-6465
- Chris Carroll Miller (252) 977-1438
- Mayor Sandy Roberson (252) 972-1130
- If you think fraud occurred or a law was broken, citizens should call Local District Attorney (252) 212-3110 or the US Attorney (919) 856-4530 or the N.C. Attorney General Josh Stein at (919) 716-6400 to urge them to prosecute.”
Mr. Mayor so damn the audit has been completed so did I miss something in the report? Did the report say they found fraud?
Mr. Mayor did the report not say that, “The Office of the State Auditor (OSA) initiated an investigation in response to 213 complaints received through its Hotline and other means concerning misconduct by elected officials and employees of the City of Rocky Mount (City). Upon review of those complaints, OSA determined that a significant number of complaints questioned the appropriateness of operational and management decisions. OSA focused its primary efforts on fraud, waste, and abuse allegations. In addition, several allegations outside of OSA’s authority were referred to the appropriate state agencies and legal authorities.”
Mr. Mayor I would think that if any fraud has been found that they have been reported to those you mention so I would think that they should have all they need to come to a conclusion as to if their offices need to do anything.
Mr. Mayor I find the following to be funny and ignant as hell, “It is time that everyone in Rocky Mount—and I mean everyone—has a voice in how this City moves forward together,” adds Roberson. “Let your opinion be heard. It is time for a change on how the City does business. I believe we can get through this tough time stronger as a community, as One Rocky Mount.”
Mr. Mayor when has Rocky Mount been One Rocky Mount since it is divided by the railroad tracks? Are you planning removing the tracks?
Mr. Mayor when has everyone and I mean everyone has come together because it is ignant as hell to think that everyone agrees with this mess.
Mr. I agree we will and I say we although I am not a resident because I have family, friends and enemies in Rocky Mount. I have worked in Rocky Mount on the Nash County side but my place of employment is at the Edgecombe County line all I have to do is walk across the train tracks.
It appears you are not trying to bridge the gap but further create the divide but that is just my ignant opinion.
Mr. Mayor you say you were, “Elected on the strength of his leadership supporting safer neighborhoods, economic development and job creation, stronger schools, workforce development and the community working together as One Rocky Mount, Mayor Sandy Roberson continues to focus on these issues in his first months of office. Drawing together a group of diverse community leaders from all sectors of Rocky Mount, Mayor Roberson initiated a Transition Team to work with him to research these critical issues, develop policies and create action plans to present to the City Council to engage and strengthen Rocky Mount.”
Mr. Mayor since I am politically engaged and active in Rocky Mount Politics and has been since the late 80’s I say the above is half-truths. Hell all of the councilmembers want all of the things you mentioned because they would be ignant not to since they are residents.
Mr. Mayor you say you say you are focused on the issues in your first months, well hell that should be a focus the entire time you and the other councilmembers are in office. But stronger schools is a good one because damn your Nash County Republican Friends trying to kick the children on the Edgecombe County side out of the Rocky Mount School System. But you talking about a One Rocky Mount. Get the hell out of here! Really!
Mr. Mayor your Transition Team is a damn joke. It is made up of Black Folk some in the city and some don’t even live in Rocky Mount. Oh but folk had a damn problem with me on the Rocky Mount Human Relations Commission because I live in Pinetops but I have worked in Rocky Mount since 1987. I have been an officer of the Rocky Mount Branch of the NAACP since 1992 and served as Vice Chair of N.E.E.D. Inc. in Rocky Mount during the early 90’s. I have been advocating for family, friends and enemies all of these years.
Mr. Mayor what I find funny is that you have one of my cousins on you Transition Team that do not live in Rocky Mount but like myself work there. So I am glad you recognize and understand that folk who do not live in the city can also be an asset. However I bet that many of the 213 haters that is responsible for the audit do not live in Rocky Mount as well.
Mr. Mayor thank you for sending me your Press Release and I look forward to receiving others in the future. Please continue to send information so that I can share with my hundreds of readers.
Follow me on The DCN News Blog Online TV.
Curmilus Butch Dancy II