7 EMBASSIES WERE ATTACKED UNDER THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION!! 54 KILLED, 83 INJURED! WHERE WAS THE ANGER, AND THE OUTRAGE I’M SEEING NOW???
You bigoted idiots are so stupid!!!
Where was your anger when 7 embassies and consulates, count them slowly, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, were attacked under the Bush administration, and he was apologizing for America, and hiding it from the press????
BUSH EMBASSIES ATTACKED
Casualties: U. S. Navy and Marine Corps Personnel Killed and Wounded in Wars, Conflicts, Terrorist Acts, and Other Hostile Incidents http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq56-1.htm
Political Violence Against Americans http://www.state.gov/m/ds/rls/rpt/19691.htm
1. Paris, France, Sept. 13, 2001: Four men were arrested in Rotterdam on conspiracy to plant a suicide bomber in the U.S. embassy in Paris. The NATO headquarters in Brussels was also targeted. The plot was discovered in July 2001, when a conspirator named Djamel Beghal was arrested in Dubai for passport fraud. He confessed after an interrogation. All the conspirators were part of a small satellite of Al Qaeda.
2. Karachi, Pakistan, June 14, 2002, Feb. 28, 2003, March 15, 2004, and March 2, 2006:The string of bombings and attempted bombings outside the U.S. consulate in Karachi were thought to be in retaliation for the War on Terror in Afghanistan, and later Iraq. The first bomb in June 2002 was a suicide bomber, who killed 12 and injured 51 people. In February 2003, a gunman killed 2 police officers and injured 5 others outside the consulate. In March 2004, an attempted bombing was stopped when police discovered 200 gallons of liquid explosives in the back of a truck. In March 2006, another suicide bomber killed 6 people outside a nearby Marriott Hotel.
3. Tashkent, Uzbekistan, July 30, 2004: The U.S. and Israeli embassies were targeted by suicide bombers. 2 security guards were killed.
4. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Dec. 6, 2004: Militants breached the outer wall of the U.S. consulate and began shooting, but did not enter the consulate. 5 civilians and the gunmen were killed. 10 people were wounded.
5. Damascus, Syria, Sept. 12, 2006: 3 gunmen were killed after they tossed grenades over the embassy’s outer wall and a car bomb exploded outside the embassy. 1 Syrian security guard and 1 Chinese diplomat also died.
6. Athens, Greece, Jan. 12, 2007: A rocket-propelled grenade was fired into the front of the U.S. embassy around 6 a.m. No one was killed or hurt. A Greek terrorist group called "Revolutionary Struggle" claimed responsibility.
7. Istanbul, Turkey, July 9, 2008: Kurdish Turks open fired around 11 a.m., killing 6 people and injuring 1. The three men had suspected Al Qaeda links, but this was never proven.
8. San’a, Yemen, Sept. 7, 2008: 19 people died and at least 16 were injured when a group of men disguised as police attacked the outer security rim of the U.S. embassy. Al Qaeda affiliate Islamic Jihad of Yemen claimed responsibility.
President Obama an apologist? Laughable!! How could you forget that former President Bush apologized for an attack on the Koran by soldiers, back on May 20, 2008, through his spokeswoman, in a White House press conference, but the tea party thuglicans that have hi jacked the Republican party wasn’t saying that Bush was weak. http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/05/20080520-5.html (scroll halfway down the page)
"He apologized for that in the sense that he said that we take it very seriously," White House press secretary Dana Perino said. "We are concerned about the reaction. We wanted them (Afghanistan), to know that the president knew that this was wrong."