Streets to Homes is a non-profit organization that is working with the City of Greenville, Equal Housing Opportunity, and the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development to provide housing to first time, low income homebuyers. A first-time homebuyer is an individual who meets any of the following criteria:
· An individual who has had no ownership in a principal residence during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase of the property. This includes a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time homebuyers).
· A single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married.
· An individual who is a displaced homemaker and has only owned with a spouse.
· An individual who has only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations.
· An individual who has only owned a property that was not in compliance with state, local or model building codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure.
If you qualify, you can get up to $45,000.00 put towards your mortgage as a homebuyer incentive and $500.00 towards the needed $1000.00 down-payment.
Currently a low income household is defined as a household that earns up to but not more than the amounts listed below:
1 person household $30,650.00 per year / 2 person household $35,000.00 / 3 person household $39,400.00 / 4 person household $43,750.00 / 5 person household $47,250.00 / 6 person household $50,750.00 / 7 person household $54,250.00 / 8 person household $57,750.00 / 9 person household $61,250.00 / 10 person household $64,750.00.
These houses will be brand new built and tailored to your personal taste. You can pick out the color to paint specific rooms and decide which appliances to put in your kitchen/laundry room (up to $4,500.00 allotted for appliances). Dimensions are: 1226 sq/ft, 3 bedroom, and 2 bathrooms. Homes are located in the 45 block rehabilitation development area, West Greenville. The homes are estimated to be valued between $100,000.00 and $115,000.00 so with 45,000.00 off the price the mortgage will be between $55,000.00 and $70,000.00.
Applicants must have verification of income for all members of the household (18+ yrs old), photo id and social security card (all family members), and a copy of your credit report from within the last 3 months (annualcreditreport.com).
For more information please call;
Aaron McConnell/Streets to Homes at 252-558-4427.