Legislative Services Office
George R. Hall,
Legislative Services Officer
January 5, 2010
*Vacancy Number: 1099-030718
Position: IT Infrastructure Specialist II
Salary Range: $42,163 -$55,000
Closing Date: January 19, 2010 5:00 p.m.
*Vacancy number must be included on the application.
Interested applicants may obtain a General Assembly Application at the address below or by calling
919-715-1210; or by sending electronic mail to JudyB@ncleg,net, or by visiting our web site:
Under supervision, this position provides software and hardware operational support for networking activities in a Microsoft environment. Work involves hardware management; software packaging, installation, distribution, and upgrades; hardware, software, or network problem resolution; second level user support; informal training; and documentation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Configures and packages microcomputer software for manual installation or automated delivery to user desktop or laptop computers.
· Provides second-level analysis and problem resolution services for user problems of moderate to high complexity.
· Coordinates problem resolution with vendors, including obtaining information about problem solutions and returning defective components.
· Works in a team to accomplish structured projects (such as software upgrades throughout the General Assembly) or to address a crisis (such as a virus attack).
· Evaluates, acquires, installs, uses, and administers innovative tools and techniques to manage computer hardware, software, and services.
· Writes, integrates, edits, and delivers completed user and process documentation concerning hardware, software, and service capabilities.
· Designs, programs, tests, and deploys programs and scripts of moderate complexity to automate repetitive or difficult system administration tasks.
· Reads, interprets, and applies guidelines, including vendor-supplied system, software, or equipment manuals and from Web-based references to research problems, system configurations, and upgrades.
· Provides emergency assistance to members and staff during off-business hours.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
(See page two for information on how to apply for this position)
· Graduation from a four-year college or university program with nine semester hours in computer programming, information systems management, or similar curriculum and two years of progressive experience in the administration of computer systems similar to those used at the General Assembly, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Considerable knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of the software, computers, networks, and peripheral equipment in use at the General Assembly.
· Familiarity with the processes and typical problems that occur in the client offices of the General Assembly.
· Ability to present information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Willingness and ability to work extended schedules and to provide on-call support.
· Ability to maintain composure and work cooperatively under pressure with legislators, legislative staff, colleagues, and the public on a daily basis.
· Preferences will be given to candidates with MCSE and CCNA certifications.
Application Process: A NC General Assembly Application must be in the Personnel Office by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 19, 2010. Submit application to:
North Carolina General Assembly
Room 5 Legislative Building
16 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
*The vacancy number must be included on the application.